after upgrading from NixOS 22.05 to 22.11, X11 constantly kind of “freezes”:
- I can still move the mouse and toggle the NumLock-LED, and the programs keep running and update their output (e.g. a video in Chromium continues to run incl. video and audio).
- Mouse clicks and keyboard input is ignored.
- The mousepointer-symbol does not change anymore.
- Icons on the deskop get omitted or completely gray.
- If I kill a program (e.g. Ctrl-Alt-F1 + login + kill), the program stops running but it’s GUI on X11 is still shown and frozen.
- The only way I currently know to stop this, is to kill X (killall X as root).
- /var/log/Xorg.0.log and .xsession-errors do not show any message/error about this.
After re-booting to 22.05, it works again.
This is definitely a bug, but I don’t know where (GPU driver? X11? Kernel?).
Does anyone know this bug?
How can I find the error/debug this/report the error?
- CPU/GPU: AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 4750GE with Radeon Graphics
- Windowmanager: fvwm