Alert sound randomly played after 24.05 upgrade

Hello Nixers!
as per subject upgrading from 23.11 to 24.05 I’ve experienced an annoying alert sound that seems to be Mysterious, unstoppable alert sounds but with 23.11 I have not experienced it without having to explicitly silence anything/change my PipeWire config. I’ve adapted anyway the /etc/pipewire/pipewire.conf.d/99-custom.conf suggestion in the linked thread to 24.05 like

service.pipewire = {
  # ... not relevant part snipped
  extraConfig = {
    pipewire."99-silent-bell.conf" = {
      context.properties = {
        module.x11.bell = false;
      }; # context.properties
    }; # extraConfig.pipewire
  }; # extraConfig
}; # pipewire

But I still get the bell sound… Any ideas?

Marginally, meaning not really issues for me but probably small papercuts still to be fixed I get

cudaPackages.autoAddDriverRunpath is deprecated, use pkgs.autoAddDriverRunpath instead

as seen in release notes, but I do not use cudaPackages.autoAddDriverRunpath in my config directly, the warning is triggered by cudatoolkit derivation in my case.

Another is the “split” of services.xserver.displayManager and services.displayManager Is there some ongoing change? I’ve seen sot far that some attributes are moved like autoLogin witch is now services.displayManager.autoLogin while others like services.xserver.displayManager.session are not, why this?

Finally two broken derivations, one marked, one not, the marked is GNU sipwitch and the other is sbclPackages.cl-string-match that fail to build with BUILD FAILED: Component "3bmd" not found, required by #<SYSTEM "mgl-pax/document"> how these issues should be reported?

Thanks!

Ran into the same issue and managed to fix it by modifying your code a bit:

services.pipewire = {
    # ... not relevant part snipped
    extraConfig = {
      pipewire."99-silent-bell.conf" = {
        "context.properties" = {
          "module.x11.bell" = false;
        }; # context.properties
      }; # extraConfig.pipewire
    }; # extraConfig
  }; # pipewire

The created config file should look as follows:

> cat /etc/pipewire/pipewire.conf.d/99-silent-bell.conf.conf 
{
  "context.properties": {
    "module.x11.bell": false
  }
}

Many thanks!

It does work, it should appear at least in the wiki, since it’s probably not an isolated issue.

Sounds good. Can be added here: PulseAudio - NixOS Wiki