For the second year in a row, Nix and NixOS will have a dedicated devroom at FOSDEM! FOSDEM is one of the largest open-source software development conferences in Europe. It will take place next year on February 3rd and 4th in Brussels, Belgium - and attendance is as always free of charge. Our devroom will take place on Sunday morning (February 4th). On behalf of the devroom managers, we’re looking forward to see many of you there!
We are looking for speakers who’d like to present about the free / open source software ecosystem surrounding Nix and NixOS. Do you have a cool use case for Nix or NixOS? Have you built some interesting FLOSS tool that you’d like the community to hear about? Please send us your submissions!
Talks can either be lightning talks (5 mins) or full-featured talks (20 mins + 5 mins for Q&A).
We welcome speakers of all backgrounds and all levels of experience with Nix and NixOS. If you have something interesting to show to the world, it does not matter whether you’ve been contributing to
nixpkgs for years or whether you’re a new Nix user.
Speakers will need to be present in person at the event, remote presentations are unfortunately not possible this year.
For reference, the devroom schedule from last year is also available.
The CFP is hosted by FOSDEM themselves. Head over to Pretalx, their CFP platform, and follow the instructions on the landing page. Most fields are optional, just make sure that you:
- Set the “Track” to “Nix and NixOS”
- Fill in the “Proposal Title” and “Abstract”. You can also put more detailed information and links in the “Description” field.
- Indicate in the “Submission Notes” whether you are submitting a lightning talk or a full presentation.
Should Pretalx fail you, feel free to send us a mail with the relevant information to email@example.com.
- Thursday 2023-12-07 23:59 CET: deadline for submitting talk proposals.
- Friday 2023-12-15 (expected): accepted talks announced.
- Saturday 2024-02-03: FOSDEM begins.
- Sunday 2024-02-04 (morning): Nix and NixOS devroom scheduled.
Feel free to ask any questions in this thread, or to contact directly one of the devroom organizers: