General Nix Office Hours

Office hours are now open: SpatialChat
(sorry if it’s too late in the evening, it’s been a busy day)

2 Likes

Late evening for you might be early in the morning for someone else. This might open up opportunity for someone who wouldn’t be able to make it with the usual times.

thank you @tomberek for the additional time you stayed around to discuss things with me!

Hugely helpful. if nothing else its great to have this direct voice time with experienced nix developers. this is a hugely beneficial thing in itself. i asked a lot of questions about debugging, releases, community and easing new user adoption. voice/video is 100x more beneficial than just text in nixos channels.

I learned about nix repl’s autocompletion, the debugging paths to take during errors in system configurations, nix adoption, many other things.

2 Likes

General Hours are now open: SpatialChat

I’ll list again what was we covered this friday. I had requested help with hacking some specific parsing errors in dream2nix, because I had no idea how to debug nix expressions in such cases. @tomberek ran through it with me and I was able to understand picking apart expressions and using the repl to quickly get input/output. Got a PR merged that fixed the edge case: fix: parse resolved keys with git+https correctly by tgunnoe · Pull Request #99 · nix-community/dream2nix · GitHub

Hours are open for the evening: SpatialChat
Anything Nix related.

2 Likes

Bump: I’ll hang out in SpatialChat for a few hours if anyone has Nix questions/comments.

1 Like

I’ll hang out in SpatialChat if people have questions, PRs for review, or just want to chat.

I’ll do a few hours of Nix help/assistance/PRs/hacking/whatever at: SpatialChat

1 Like

I’ll be around for tomorrow if anyone is interested in collaborating or hanging out. I haven’t been working on anything in particular but im a huge fan of more direct nix-globe related hangouts

Edit: maybe not because i got busy with other things today :upside_down_face:

More office hours today: SpatialChat
Come by if you have questions or anything to chat about.

1 Like

Starting up some more Office Hours. I’ll be around over the weekend:

1. SpatialChat
  2. Nix/NixOS Discord