GeNix7000: Nix Project Logo Generator

Fire all of your designers, Tweag, Serokell, Flox (and all other Nix-y companies)! #joke
This is the ultimate, parametric and reproducible solution to all your branding problems!

It kinda went out of control, and I’ve made an openscad customizer, which supports a really wide range of Nix-y logos. Including original one.

I hope that posting this at discourse will be apotheosis of this joke, and I stop wasting my time on it D:

17 Likes

Quoting from your commit log:

wtf cab

:wink:

2 Likes

Uhm, hi this is really, really neat, even though I have no idea what I’d do with it. Thanks for making/sharing.

I’m quite tickled, actually. :slight_smile:

You would probably think of me as a madman, but official Nix logo is atrocious. I will probably redo it to be more precise soon.

(LIke seriously, top and bottom corners are not even vertical! You can’t unsee that!)

4 Likes

This is it. The perfection. @edolstra pls admire

2 Likes

So, I’ve boiled down the Nix logo down to 4 hardcoded variables. You can change those to get different (sometimes strange) results)

These versions of original logo with nice constraints. I’ve also made a script to export them automatically :smiley:

And here’s a load/unload animation, cause it looks like everyone likes animations:

6 Likes

I wonder if that could somehow be turned into a flake that offers a Plymouth config with boot animations.

6 Likes
Hosted by Flying Circus.