Let’s see how this goes!
First of all, let’s talk methodology. This will focus on merged PRs in the
nixpkgs/nixos repository. Any change sent directly to master will not be seen. I’m not focusing on WIP and upcoming changes, only what’s already in!
I’m combing through a dump of the PRs, looking at what caught my eye. I will likely miss package bumps and new packages you liked. Please share them if you know of notable ones!
(I’m sorry, starting here GitHub doesn’t give the right tooling to dig more deeply with links here.)
Of the 1126 targeting master or staging, 154 are new packages, and 909 are package updates.
- #77311 Add cachix as a blocker for channel updates
- #75539, reworked in #78337 lib: improve cli module
- #78346 Don’t set background to black if ~/.background-image not present
- #77985 gcc: remove versions 4.9 and 5 (which kept 4.9 in the end.)
- #76985 gdm: refactor to properly handle wayland sessions
- #70138 lib/types: Introduce lazyAttrsOf
- #78713 linuxPackages: 4.19 → 5.4
- #77149 Reduce AsciiDoctor closure size
- #77835 Reduce closure gnome-shell closure
- #66640 rename iso_graphical to iso_plasma5
Notably broken, then fixed
- #77252 nixos/corerad: init
- #77830 nixos/dokuwiki: init module
- #76821 nixos/freeswitch: init
- #77408 nixos/geary: init
- #77953 nixos/traceroute: init
- #77657 blitz: remove package
- #77078 facette: remove
- #77452 firefoxPackages.tor-browser*, tor-browser-bundle: remove
- #77985 gcc: remove versions 4.9 and 5
- #77989 llvm: remove 3.5, 3.8 and 4
- #78583 nixos/display-managers/auto: remove
- #78004 nixos/multitouch: remove (properly known as mtrack)
- #77840 python2Packages.pyezminc: remove
- #78578 qt5: remove last vestiges of Qt 5.11
- #77051 Remove bison2
- #77417 remove old gradle versions
- #77690 way-cooler: Remove
Disclaimer: 21 PRs got caught in an incident that made them lose their original title, this affects some of the stats.
Finally, some homework for you: I want you all to tell me what caught your interest in January! Reminder: what was merged in January!