London Nix User Group

Thanks for organising the event and hosting us @graham33 and team. It was great meeting the London nix community as a newbie :slight_smile:

Congratulations and thanks to the team on open-sourcing the project!

1 Like

The next user group has been scheduled for Wednesday 8th November, and I’ve created a regular bi-monthly series: London Nix User Group Tickets, Multiple Dates | Eventbrite

4 Likes

Reminder this is tomorrow! If anyone has any talk ideas let me know - I recently had a PR merged to Nixpkgs for a NixOS module, so absent any other ideas I thought it might be interesting to walk people through the process.

2 Likes

I’m attending tomorrow! I’m quite new to Nix and I would really appreciate to see how experienced people use it. For example:

• (stealing your idea): How to package an application. Mainly gotchats, arcane error messages, etc.
  • Good approaches to configure local shell environment (using vanilla Nix, Jetpack or devenv).
  • How to manage a fleet of servers running NixOS.
  • Containerise an application (and how to avoid duplication between the container & shell environment config).

That sounds like a great topic, I’m happy to lead the discussion and we can hopefully have the group chime in with tips and advice.

Hi all :slight_smile:

Looking to come to the next meetup and am booked for the Jan 2024 one, but I just wondered if there was anything in December at all :slight_smile:

We’re doing them every two months, so next one’s in January. Of course, if someone else wants to organise one in December too that’s more than welcome!

1 Like

Fair comment, I guess it wouldn’t be in London though if I did that :slight_smile:

Just for the avoidance of doubt, we had another London user group meeting last night as per Eventbrite. There was some confusion about the date, but we’ll treat Eventbrite as canonical (even though I suspect it has a bug in its date logic!)

We had a good turnout for early January, thanks everyone for coming. The next one will be 6th March.

1 Like

Reminder the next user group meeting is tomorrow. If you have any topics you want to speak about or ask the group about, feel free to let me know in advance (or ad-hoc on the day is fine).

I’ll be joining late due to another commitment, but some of my Nix-using colleagues will be hosting.

2 Likes

Reminder the next London Nix User Group is this coming Wednesday, sign up here if you want to come: London Nix User Group Tickets, Wed 8 May 2024 at 18:00 | Eventbrite