Marketing Team Meeting Minutes #12 and #13

It has been a busy last 4 weeks and I didn’t manage to send out minutes from meeting #12, but we have a recording of it (with a very bad video quality). Meeting #13 was sadly not recorded due to having problems with the recording quality, I hope to find a suitable solution until next time.

This are things that we are discussing and working currently:

• Changes to Marketing team membership:
    • New members are accepted after each NixOS release (every 6 months).
    • Inactive members will be thanked to help move Nix/NixOS further and moved from the team. They are more then welcome to rejoin the team when it will suit them.
    • This change is needed since a number of members is limited to around 10 (otherwise the discussions go for too long) and there are many who would like to join the team and contribute.
  • progress on redesign of nixos.org
    • progress can be tracked under #506
    • there are still few bugs we need to fix, but we are hoping to merge it this week
    • the above PR only implements landing page of the design and fixes the rest of the nixos.org to look similar as now.
    • after #506 PR is merged we will focus on each page separately to style it as designed

Here is a teaser. I hope you are as excited as I am.

10 Likes

I am exited! All the work will finally pay off :rocket:

2 Likes

That does look pretty appealing :heart:

2 Likes

I definitely like that the manual has different versions now, very handy.

Did you by the way also change the options search? I have to admit I much preferred the “live search”.

1 Like

The search is developed here: GitHub - NixOS/nixos-search: Search NixOS packages and options If you have concrete examples for queries you did and not found the expected result, you might open an issue like I did: https://github.com/NixOS/nixos-search/issues/147

2 Likes

Is there a schedule of upcoming marketing meetings?

@tomberek

There we’ll be calendar with all the relevant meetings of all the teams and other important community events. We still needs some time to put this in place, but a start is here.

Marketing meetings are not public, but usually we do record them when tech allows us. Meeting minutes such as this one are written afterwards.

If you wish to join the Marketing team, we just announced Accepting new members to the Marketing team.