Another marketing meeting went down, we are slowly getting around how to talk about certain stuff, there is room for many improvements, but I’m very excited with the direction we are going.
Here you can watch the full video.
- Governance page is going to be merged soon, everybody will do review as soon as possible.
- Landing page
- Nix and NixOS about pages are going to be partially merged into landing page, while we will still have a sub-page where we will explain more in depth about pros and cons of nix/nixos.
- We also discussed what is the audience we should be targeting. In-short: Developers and DevOps, but please listen to the video for full context
- List short interesting examples that show strength of Nix/NixOS
- Show how to install Nix and link to NixOS downloads page.
- we need to add a footer and we discussed what should be in the footer.
- Until next time we will create a Pull request with implemented ideas that we discussed in this meeting, this will be a starting conversation for next time.
- We discussed some ideas that we can borrow from other pages. No concrete action. But we will keep this section to collect the ideas.
- Swag, invite @mogorman to next meeting to discuss future of nixos store. The store already exists and donations are coming in. This store will be mentioned next to Donate section under Community and/or Sponsor section of the website. In a sense it is just another way to contribute to NixOS foundation.
- we agree that we want this and would accept pull request if somebody writes this but priority is currently to get other parts of website in shape.
- we probably need some introduction (getting started) tutorial about Nix / NixOS, but there should be also other tutorials eg. Python development with Nix
- placement of this tutorials would be on the Learn page above the current links to manuals, since beginners are the target audience
- Analytics, we can easily enable Netlify analytics
- does not need any GDPR
- works like goaccess
- we need to check Netlify policy regarding what it collects and only then enable it. we are not interesting in tracking users.
- gives us basic information and this is exactly what we want
- what we are currently interested is what resources are not found to create redirects, and just to have a bit of a feeling if we are going into the right direction. We wont base our ideas / solutions solely on this numbers, but it would give us more confidence when comparing this numbers year to year, that the direction we are going is well received.
I would ask you to forgive me for my typos, and until next time (in 2 weeks).
If you feel like you could contribute to the discussion, please read the announcement post how to do that and we are waiting for your email.