NetworkManager_openvpn not working after latest upgrade of nixos18.09

Well, I upgraded to nixos 18.09 before its release, so this problem may not be reproduced by others.

Two weeks ago I upgrade to 18.09, and everything seems to work perfectly. But two hours ago I perform another

nixos-rebuild boot --upgrade

Then after rebooted the openvpn plugin of NetworkManager seems not working. It appears:

1. If I click the vpn item in the networkmanager applet menu, just nothing happened.
  2. If I click the “config vpn” in the applet menu, then a network connections dialog appeared, and then I click the previously created openvpn item in this dialog, it complains that
Could not find VPN plugin for "org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.openvpn"

I have already installed the networkmanager_openvpn package, and configed the NetworkManager plugin as

networking.networkmanager.packages = [ pkgs.networkmanager_openvpn ];

My nixos version is:

18.09beta621.c922e20b5d3 (Jellyfish)

Thanks

Might have been fixed by openvpn plugins: use absolute paths to configuration gui by symphorien · Pull Request #47212 · NixOS/nixpkgs · GitHub

Some additional information:
I run nm-connection-editor in terminal, and click the previously created openvpn item try to edit it,
then following information appeared in the terminal:

** Message: 22:32:36.877: vpn: (vpnc,/etc/NetworkManager/VPN/nm-vpnc-service.name) file "libnm-vpn-plugin-vpnc.so" not found. Did you install the client package?
** Message: 22:32:36.877: vpn: (fortisslvpn,/etc/NetworkManager/VPN/nm-fortisslvpn-service.name) file "libnm-vpn-plugin-fortisslvpn.so" not found. Did you install the client package?
** Message: 22:32:36.877: vpn: (iodine,/etc/NetworkManager/VPN/nm-iodine-service.name) file "libnm-vpn-plugin-iodine.so" not found. Did you install the client package?
** Message: 22:32:36.877: vpn: (openvpn,/etc/NetworkManager/VPN/nm-openvpn-service.name) file "libnm-vpn-plugin-openvpn.so" not found. Did you install the client package?
** Message: 22:32:36.879: vpn: (l2tp,/etc/NetworkManager/VPN/nm-l2tp-service.name) file "libnm-vpn-plugin-l2tp.so" not found. Did you install the client package?
** Message: 22:32:36.879: vpn: (openconnect,/etc/NetworkManager/VPN/nm-openconnect-service.name) file "libnm-vpn-plugin-openconnect.so" not found. Did you install the client package?

It seems that NetworkManager cannot find the shared object file for the openvpn plugin.

But after checking the files (actually soft links) in /etc/NetworkManager/VPN I find a nm-openvpn-service.name, the content of which is

[VPN Connection]
name=openvpn
service=org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.openvpn
program=/nix/store/3rkgfz0ns65ajag5afzmiw7fr7jqisb7-NetworkManager-openvpn-gnome-1.8.4/libexec/nm-openvpn-service
supports-multiple-connections=true

[libnm]
plugin=libnm-vpn-plugin-openvpn.so

[GNOME]
auth-dialog=/nix/store/3rkgfz0ns65ajag5afzmiw7fr7jqisb7-NetworkManager-openvpn-gnome-1.8.4/libexec/nm-openvpn-auth-dialog
properties=libnm-openvpn-properties
supports-external-ui-mode=true
supports-hints=true

Then I follow the path in this file and confirm that there DOES exist a file:

/nix/store/3rkgfz0ns65ajag5afzmiw7fr7jqisb7-NetworkManager-openvpn-gnome-1.8.4/lib/NetworkManager/libnm-vpn-plugin-openvpn.so

So I don’t understand why it cannot find the openvpn plugin.

Thanks, @jtojnar , I’ll check it out.

Update:
It has been updated to 18.09 no late than yesterday.