Nix 20th - Global Nix Meetups!

Thank you @phaer , I saw your meetup and I am considering it, although I am from eastern part of Slovakia.

2 Likes

Iā€™d like to attend if something comes together in Hamburg.

3 Likes

Iā€™m brand new to nix - and Iā€™m in NE Ohio as well soā€¦

3 Likes

Anyone interested in an in-person event in Mumbai?

Anyone near Gothenburg, Sweden?

1 Like

I am in DC but if this fails NYC would work for me too.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s now a second event, discussing the original NixOS paper in person on March 16th in Vienna, see Login to Meetup | Meetup

2 Likes

Oslo, Norway. There has been some events before, but not after Covid so would love for that :slight_smile: .

2 Likes

Hopefully everyone can start getting together after the world went into shutdown.

If you decide to get a user group after your nix party, then please feel free to list in on https://nix.ug

I think getting nixxers both new and old in the same room is very importantā€¦ things certainly go quicker in terms of learning.

You just canā€™t beat the bandwidth of a room and face 2 face human meet ups.

3 Likes

Yo Michigander here!

3 Likes

Anyone from Houston Texas area?

1 Like

@realsnick I am in Houston. A little east of eado.

I agree with Hamburg. :slight_smile:

Brit here. New to the scene but would be interested in anything going down in Oxfordshire, Reading or London.

Could maybe drum up some interest from work and get some travel to mainland Europe expensed although maybe pretty short notice.

1 Like

Iā€™ll be in Athens, Greece for the next month. If anyone else is here Iā€™d be more than happy to organize something! Feel free to reach out 1:1 if so.

Interested in joining or organizing one in Miami

1 Like

+1 for @phaer at Vienna. Would be happy to join you there.

2 Likes

Also in PNW, would be down to doing something.

Personally, I have no experience with event organizing, but a few thousand hours of nix experience.

2 Likes

Not a Nix focused meetup per-se, but we at Functional Programming Auckland (NZ) regularly have Nix-related ones, and always welcome more!

1 Like

Meetup in Munich:

2 Likes