Since the beginning of the year we have brought up the topic of hiring an admin to support the work of the Foundation and the community.
We are super excited to introduce @kate! Kate will be joining the NixOS foundation and community as a part-time admin to continue to grow the support in empowering the community, administration and all of our community support areas.
Some of the prior conversations around the admin role can be found here:
Role hiring process and budget
- Initial job scope and description released to community
- Katherine (@ksaunders1) who leads a similar area of Ops/Hiring at flox volunteered to lead and support the hiring process.
- Job posted on wellfound/hiring platforms
- Katherine started direct reach outs on Upwork
- Once a candidate passed resume review they went through and initial screening with Katherine and then to interviews with Ron, Eelco and Theophane.
- The scope allocated for the role is ~10 hours/week at $25.50/hr
Intro to Kate!
Kate brings several years of work experience in administration support as a freelancer/business owner and worked with clients and businesses across numerous industries and countries. She is excited to learn more about Nix and excited for growth opportunities working with NixOS Foundation and the community members.
Kate’s scope and responsibilities include:
- Bookkeeping on e-Boekhouden (booking platform) in collaboration with Eelco and Ron, making sure the foundation displays transparent data across platforms (incl. Open Collective), and keeping the book accounts up to date.
- Support the day-to-day operations of the NixOS Foundation, ensuring smooth and efficient processes.
- Organize and maintain Foundation records, documents, and files in a systematic manner.
- Coordinate meetings, events, and webinars, including scheduling, agenda preparation, and follow-up.
- Assist with the preparation of reports, presentations, and other materials as needed.
- Support and grow communication and transparency
Feel free to share your thoughts or extend a warm welcome to Kate!
Special thanks to @ksaunders1 for all the help in the process!