We mainly discussed logistics and the event schedule. Overall we’re in good spirits and are having more confidence in the event. We uncovered a possible Jitsi/Firefox issue today when Alyssa joined our Jitsi room with a new version of Firefox. Reverting to a prior Firefox resolved it.
We need to do some testing and rehearsals. The goals are multiple
- verify the functionality of our streaming infra (end to end)
- uncover any presentation issues from speakers
- verify event flows
We have not yet worked out a time to invite folks to help with testing yet, but if you’d like to help check back here in a day or two.
- communicate to speakers about the option to pre-record their talk and be present during the live broadcast for Q&A
- puck and Alyssa investigate Jitsi + new Firefox issue
- test ingesting pre-recorded video (which format?)
- make the breaks in between talks have the same duration
- publish event schedule on 2020.nixcon.org homepage; update nixos.org link to point there
- submit NixCon infrastructure talk (to show off the Nix/NixOS powering the event)
- submit NixCon event debriefing talk (optional, give us feedback)
- write up the plans and scripts for the event
- publicize the items relevant for participants (i.e. how will QA time work? breakout rooms)