Nixos get together in Groningen?

Ok, here it is! Wat wil je plannen? - datumprikker.nl

@JosW @danieldk @rbvermaa @JorisE @confususs @patrickswijgman @gila @domenkozar want to join? Please fill in your availability.

Anyone got a good suggestion for a location?

thx @c0deaddict ā€“ done! :+1: I really donā€™t care which pub to be honest, all are fine with me :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone for filling in the datumprikker. The dates that most people can attend are:

• do 5 maart, 20:00
  • do 19 maart, 20:00
  • vr 20 maart, 20:00
  • do 26 maart, 20:00
  • vr 27 maart, 20:00
  • za 28 maart, 14:00

Unfortunately there is no date that everyone can attend, and I donā€™t like to exclude anyone. @gila and @JosW have you got a suggestion for an alternative date/time that I can add to the date picker?

Yep, you can add me to all the Fridayā€™s except 03-04-2020.

Iā€™ve picked the 20th of March at 20:00. Location TBD

Cool! Perhaps it would be neat to also announce it in Amsterdam Nix Meetup | Meetup (even though it wonā€™t be in Amsterdam evidently)?

@c0deaddict sorry for the delay, i read your message on my cell but I could not login =) I can make it the 20th of march from the looks of it. :+1: Assuming, that actually is the case, I will get you a drink on my tab for the efforts, thanks again and looking forward to it.

Iā€™d like to join as well!

It is great to have a final date for a pub talk for a first start. However since itā€™s marvelous to read that Eelco wants to join and Domenkoza also, can we give it another thougth?
Would be a shame to not benefit fully of having the knowledge of Eelco, Rob and Domenzka together for just a few short hours in a pub. Provided they would share their knowledge by doing some sort of presentationā€¦
Perhaps it is still possible to get the idea of a one day event as mentioned in Nixos get together in Groningen? - #15 by JosW materialized?

Would it make sense to postpone the meetup for now, due to the uncertainty regarding the Covid19 pandemic?

1 Like

Given that the current recommendations would potentially exclude some people, I think postponing the meeting would be a good idea.

1 Like

Indeed, in light of the recent events it seems wise to postpone the meetup.
Or get together in a jitsi-meet room.

Yes, that seems wise to do. Iā€™ve cancelled the datumprikker. When this whole COVID-19 stuff is over, letā€™s pick a new date. Perhaps we can prepare for a whole day event as @JosW suggested? We can probably use my employerā€™s office in the weekends.

1 Like

In the meanwhile, if one would like to add information :wink:
For the Dutch readers, someone mentioned NixOS in a recent topic on Tweakers:
https://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_messages/1977330
@FRidh did a great job explaining several things already!

1 Like

Inmiddels zijn we geruime tijd verder en lijkt het erop dat er weer meer mogelijk is of gaat zijn.
Zullen we nog eens een poging wagen, is er animo voor onderstaande data
Nixos get together Groningen.
of laten we het erbij zitten?
After a while it looks as if there are more things possible, is it an option to try to get another date?
Or will we skip it altogether?

I still think itā€™s nice to meet up some time. Also ping @c0deaddict .

Iā€™m still up for it! Restrictions are lifting, so this would be a good time to start planning a get together :slight_smile:

Bump once more, until now two people have checked some dates.
I bit of a small group so maybe this should/could be a online thing?

Sorry forgot to fill in the date planner thingy! Filled it in now.

Cool! I may join during the day, because an evening is hardly worth the ~3h travel time using public transportation from The Hague.

Iā€™m debating whether to take this train or the one 1h earlier, assuming itā€™s going to be the Saturday the 20th. Either way Iā€™ll be late if it starts at 10. It seems like a good choice, without switchover. Others could join the same train from Leiden, Schiphol, Amsterdam Zuid, Almere, Lelystad, Zwolle, Assen.

I can provide an extra OV-fiets bike at Groningen station for the last mile if someone doesnā€™t have OV-fiets on their card. Itā€™s faster than taking the bus and easier if we decide to go to a pub (if thatā€™s possible by then). Weā€™d have to be clever and/or lucky with timing though.