Recent updates have caused Chrome malfunction on my AMD GPU machine, along with the solution

My chrome experienced some strange malfunctions a few days ago. It was unable to properly display webpages and styles, and the frame rate for playing videos was very low. As a last resort, I used an alternative browser called Edge, which didn’t have this issue. When I launched and used Chrome to browse the web, I noticed that the console outputted a lot of error logs, which contained many codes and some messages like Skia shader compilation error. I searched for related problems and eventually found a solution.

If you encounter similar symptoms, simply delete the directory .config/google-chrome/Default/GPUCache/. Your Chrome should now function correctly.

1 Like

omg - I hit this yesterday and used it as an excuse to try another browser. :rofl:

This also affects Brave and Chromium: Chromium Blank Pages