RFC Steering Committee looking for new members

After being a member of the RFC Steering Committee since December 2019, @spacekookie is leaving. Thank you for your contributions, Kookie!

This means we’re looking for new members to keep the team going.

What we do

We meet every two weeks, mainly in order to go through the list of RFCs, taking care of formalities (tracking RFC state, appointing shepherd teams, merging accepted RFCs), nudging shepherd teams to ensure that progress is being documented, and otherwise keeping an eye on RFCs and the RFC process.

Have a look at the RFC which introduced the Steering Committee for more details :slight_smile:

Join us!

Let us know here if you’re interested, or if you want to nominate someone for the position!

5 Likes

Is there a list of the current committee members?

That should be kept up to date here: Nix RFC Steering Committee | Nix & NixOS

(But ideally however any team is organized there should be a convenient way of managing these things in a central place, the results being rendered automatically to the web site and other representations.)

1 Like

Oh uh, whoops. That’s very out-of-date. Thanks for pointing it out. I’ll open a PR to fix it.
EDIT: https://github.com/NixOS/nixos-homepage/pull/898

This is a bit late, but I’d like to nominate myself for the position!

This is motivated after seeing how the steering committee has recently struggled to make progress due to absences, leading to delays in RFC handling.

Having written a number of RFCs myself and participating in many more makes me think I’d be a decent candidate for this.

Note that my membership involvement would be sponsored by Antithesis via Tweag.

12 Likes

That’s great news, and we’re happy to welcome you to the steering committee :slight_smile:

1 Like