SDDM & fprintd not Working on Login

Hello, I am relatively new at Linux and started using nixOS on a new laptop. My laptop has a fingerprint sensor that works absolutely fine with plasma but not at all with sddm unless I login first at which point it starts a fingerprint timeout and it will login if I use the sensor or after the timeout has ended. I’ve been trying to get it to auto login with my fingerprint without the need for a password.

I’ve seen a solution that requires editing a systemd file but I don’t know how to do that on NisOS and I lost the instructions.

I assume all that’s needed to duplicate the issue is use a fresh install of Nixos (KDE Plasma) and enable fprintd in the config. but I am on the unstable channel and you might have to upgrade to plamsa6 so here is the link to do that.

Any help would be appreciated, and I’m sorry I don’t have much more detail as to what I’ve tried. last time I tried to fix this was two weeks ago.

I dont understand your sentence about Plasma 6.
Did you mean to say, you did upgrade, or you consider doing so?

I’m saying that I don’t think plasma 6 is needed to recreate the issue, but I have personally upgraded to it.

1 Like