Summer of Nix 2023

I also sent my application but no answer. kubanek0ondrej@gmail.com

Confirmed.

For the next person: there doesn’t seem to be a reason to suspect a malfunction in the form. There is no response email upon submitting.

2 Likes

This is exactly why I prefer direct email contact over filling any web forms.

I will be guaranteed to have a copy of exactly what I sent.

No need to pray for getting a confirmation from the form, which may or may or not contain a copy or an excerpt of what I sent through it, if it confirms submission at all…

3 Likes

I don’t suspect a malfunction in the form, but I do suspect one in my wetware. I’m not convinced that I put in the correct email, as I didn’t even mean to submit the form last night (okay, this morning). It should be good enough, hopefully. There should be an application from J and the email address has to do with a kernel problem.

Thank you,
-J

1 Like

Hi, I was checking the summer of nix website (https://summer.nixos.org/) throughtout the April and there was no information about this year’s summer of nix. Just recently there was a banner that the website is archieved and all the information is on github. I was wandering whether it would be possible to apply even after the deadline :sweat_smile: (I already sent my application)
Thanks

2 Likes

I didn’t see a good reason to actually close the application window. So it’s still open.

1 Like

When will the application process finalize those who are accepted? Really excited for SoN! I am new user and looking to learn a lot more and contribute.

Even though the timeline says May 15th, it seems that it will take somewhat longer than that. Sorry about that.

I am quite new to the Nix ecosystem, I saw some issues around the NixOS website which I believe I can surely help with as I have a strong background in open source and as well as website development, should I consider applying for Summer of Nix? Thanks

Hello, I have been regularly visiting the Summer of Nix website throughout the month of April, but I couldn’t find any details regarding this year’s Summer of Nix program. However, recently I noticed a banner indicating that the website has been archived and all the necessary information can now be accessed on GitHub. Despite already submitting my application, I am curious to know if there is any possibility of applying even after the deadline. I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

1 Like

Unfortunately this year we don’t have a budget or part of the program planned for working on things like the website.

No worries. Go ahead and apply.

hi! i was wondering if someone could confirm my application? i believe it was filled under getchoo at tuta dot io

i just want to confirm because it’s been on my mind for the past few weeks, as i’m not completely sure i entered the correct email (and i would rather not waste anyone’s time by making another one :upside_down_face:)

1 Like

Confirmed.

extra characters to satisfy Discourse.

1 Like

Really great initiative, I was lucky to see it before registration ended!

Could you please also confirm my registration?
pedroallenrevez@gmail.com

Cheers

1 Like

Confirmed.

More text for Discourse…

Hello everyone. The rest of the application process takes place in the Matrix communication network. If you’re interested in applying, please join this room.

This link is not working , i am trying to join

The link seems alright… Do you have a Matrix account?

For anyone interested in participating in 2024, here’s the call for mob facilitator applications:

1 Like