New Governance Category

Hopefully no one objects to my having gone and made a new Governance category to help out with:

I moved a couple of categories to the Governance category and renamed them:

Meta renamed to Governance > Discourse Team
Development > Marketing renamed to Governance > Marketing Team
Development > Security renamed to Governance > Security Team

Please let me know if you have any concerns or suggestions.

Hopefully no one objects to my having gone and made a new Governance category to help out with:

Marketing Team Meeting Minutes #3

Note that nested categories seem to be a Javascript-only feature.

I moved a couple of categories to the Governance category and renamed them:

Meta renamed to Governance > Discourse Team

Hm. I feel there are governance meta topics «how many non-English topics we create», and there are technical meta topics «how I create a new topic via email with proper category».

Development > Security renamed to Governance > Security Team

I think there is also some content there which doesn’t seem to belong to governance.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback! I moved Meta and Security back.

@ryantm thank you for helping out. I’m not sure we actually want to have Governance category. My plan was to create a subcategories of Announcements, since in essence this are announcements from different teams. Posting to those subcategories would be locked by the team. Additionally to all the teams I was thinking of creating a subcategory (maybe the name would be Reviewed) which we would move topics to from a general Announcement category. That would create some sort of review process before things get published on nixos.org. Another option is to just publish everything without a review, just like we already do it with planet.nixos.org.

I’m not sure which other purpose the Governance teams subcategories will have. Maybe a private conversation for inside team, which I don’t think we want (might be needed for some teams aka security) but that is up to the respected team to decide i think.

Also lets use this topic to discuss how this News section would work and be synced to nixos.org. And wait with changes for a week or two until we come up with some outcome. But big :+1: on willingness to help, I really appreciate it.

1 Like