PRs in distress

An RFC42 PR waiting to be merged
https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/pull/253428

I’m new to contributing to NixOS, may I know what are the next steps to get reviewers to this PR →

I don’t see an option to attach reviewers etc.

What would be a normal ETA for such things?

Thank you

@siddarthkay , there is PRs ready for review _ that seems more adequate to start with.

1 Like

I need Darwin gurus to fix the issues in this package:

Also, I would like some Darwin user to share maintainership, but not urgent.

I need Darwin gurus to take a look at this PR pls, its a macOS only package and it has 2 approvals.
Looking for next steps to merge.

Thank you.!

Hey, can we get the “shiny” python library merged? (and shinywidgets and htmltools)

There is an (now outdated) PR here: python310Packages.{shiny, rsconnect_*} by nviets · Pull Request #231189 · NixOS/nixpkgs · GitHub

Any help to get these merged would be greatly appreciated:

Reminder that this thread is for PRs that have you stumped and need input to get unstuck.
If what you’re requesting is a review/merge, then please at least first post a couple of times in PRs ready for review _

Likely should’ve posted here in the first place, but created a separate help request at: Help with packaging complex Rust library

Basically looking for someone with more familiarity with packaging Rust libraries to help me out.

What’s the best way to deal with an upstream which reissues tarballs that have different hashes?

Maybe using raw rev hash?

I have a really simple PR from @tomberek here that got a bit stuck: minecraft: warn of failure by tomberek · Pull Request #299645 · NixOS/nixpkgs · GitHub

Specifically:

that said, it looks like emitting something to stderr causes the ofborg-eval step to fail. perhaps it’s not possible to use builtins.trace here after all.

This is (ab)using builtins.trace to show a message alongside broken = true, and the only thing the PR in question does. Does anyone happen to know how to bypass that for what I’d consider a legitimate error/warning message?

Got a few that got stuck. If anyone could point me in the direction of some docs for the workflow of getting packages merged, it’s not clear to me why they’re in limbo or who to contact.