Hey here are the last news
- @balsoft submitted a PR to add a recursive option to Nix garbage collector
@infinisil and the Nixpkgs Architecture Team’s RFC 140 to simplify the Nixpkgs package structure has entered Final Comment Period and is bound to be accepted soon! A discussion is being started again however, which could delay the RFC some more.
- @infinisil has started implementing the RFC, a first PR to Nixpkgs will be opened soon
- The Packages Modules Working Group lead by @infinisil is continuing to meet weekly and working asynchronously, everything is tracked in this repository
- @infinisil reviewed RFC 127
- @infinisil worked on some automation for RFC 101 (standardizing Nix formatting). The automation should make it very easy to see how changes to a formatter influences Nixpkgs, a test run can be seen in this branch
Nickel has been released in version 1.0! The announcement is here. Most of the recent work has been to make this release happen.
May the Nix community members can be proud of their work